The Assistant Director has the responsibility of assisting the Director with the day to day operations and management of the Admissions Department. Responsible for supporting and supervising the Admissions staff. Assists the Director to ensure that set goals are met and admissions policies and procedures are followed according to regulations.
Education & Experience
10 or more years
License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement
Requires advanced knowledge of principles and practices within a professional field or recognized body of formal knowledge.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• 10 years Long Term Care experience
• Admissions policy and procedures in accordance to regulatory mandates. Full understanding of all services provided in the facility. Knowledge of all payer sources including Managed Care Contracts. Ability to display full understanding and usage of all software required to perform job responsibilities. (HCS, SigmaCare, ECIN and EDISCHARGE)
• Excellent Managerial skills.
• Computer proficiency.
• Ability to multitask and adjust quickly to task switch.
• High level of skill in resolving conflicts and gaining cooperation among competing interest.
• Ability to effectively function in a complex environment, while maintaining a professional demeanor and perseverance toward successful resolutions and issues.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Spanish Speaking
• Provide Five Star Customer Service to all internal and external customers 100% of the time.
• Contributes to the overall performance in attaining the four following results: High quality care, Provider of choice, Employer of choice, Financial success
• Performs management of the department when Director not at the facility.
• Supervises staff and conducts 1:1 coaching and training as needed.
• Conducts team meetings with staff to motivate encourage and discuss key issues and concerns with staff. (Director Assistance)
• Assist Director in the completion of annual performance evaluations,
• Reviews census information for accuracy and also verifies information in HCS and SigmaCare
• Monitors cases on ECIN; ensures prompt response and handling by admission staff
• Supports the developing of appropriate referrals by creating and sustaining a business relationship.
• Financially screens all cases pre-admission. And completes financial screening form with all pertinent data required. Verifies eligibility benefits with Member services on all Managed Care cases and opens cases when needed by the HMO.
• Attains information from insurance companies regarding co-pays, deductibles. Explains to patient/family what their payment responsibility is pre-admission including NAMI if applicable.
• Maintains on-going dialogue with Medicaid specialist regarding cases. Documents information in HCS for future reference.
• Informs billers, MDS, finance and Medicaid specialists on any changes of financial class. (distribution list)
• Verifies part D coverage.
• Communicates with clinical liaisons regarding assessment for review/admission and maintains ECIN updated as required.
• Provides tours as needed.
• Meets with families as needed.
• Assist Director in the completion of audits to assure that we are in compliance with regulatory required forms.(Patient Review Instrument and Screens)
• Completes data collection for statistical reports.
• Participates in committees, projects and meetings as assigned.
• Gathers requires documentation requested by DOH during survey.