The Receptionist/Office Assistant performs duties related to general reception work, acting as a liaison between administration and staff and between the Agency and the general public. Performs office work related to assigned tasks as required.
• Assists designated Administrative staff in carrying out clerical and general business tasks.
• Receives all incoming telephone calls and relays them to appropriate staff. Records and files telephone messages as appropriate.
• Directs patient, physician calls to appropriate clinician, manager or office support staff. Utilizes electronic medical system to look up patient information.
• Greets visitors, giving appropriate information and/or directs to the proper staff.
• Responsible for daily incoming and outgoing mail, interoffice mail, certified mail, express mail, and postage meter. Opens, sorts, date-stamps and distributes mail accordingly.
• Copies incoming checks for accounts receivable accounting staff.
• Responsible for Agency-wide office supply purchasing and maintaining inventory. Fills orders for Agency forms and other office supplies requested by agency staff and maintains records of requests and distribution.
• Books office conference space for meetings via electronic calendar.
• Two years administrative experience in an office setting.
• Computer literate; knowledge of MS office programs.
• Bilingual a plus
• Knowledge of general office procedures; including spelling and correct English usage.
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to use, computer, fax, copier, and understand mechanism of multi-line telephone and intercom system.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Professional appearance, good speaking voice.
• Initiative, resourcefulness and ability to get along with others.