THE MISSION of Archcare is to foster and provide faith-based holistic care to frail and vulnerable people unable to fully care for themselves. Through shared commitments, the System seeks to improve the quality of the lives of those individuals and their families.
• Receives and communicates appropriate information to staff and keeps Unit Manager informed of changes, needs, complaints, etc.
• Contributes to the MDS assessment through data collection and documentation.
• Transcribes physician’s orders according to procedure.
• Refers ideas and concerns to the Unit Manager.
• Administers medications, treatments and enteral feedings as prescribed by the physician.
• Performs venipuncture and intravenous insertion if IV certified.
• Responds to emergencies involving Residents and/or the unit.
• Contacts physician, family, and pastoral care staff in the event of a Resident's serious illness and as needed.
• Confers on and assists with changes in section assignments and evaluation of workload and adjusts daily assignments as needed.
• Documents staff performance and forwards it to the Unit Manager as needed.
• Clinically supervises LPN and CNA staff.
• Clinically supervises LPN and CNA trainees during the orientation program.
• Attends inservices and staff meetings as scheduled and assigns LPNs and CNAs as directed by the Unit Manager.
• Participates in the Quality Assurance program by conducting audits and submitting results in writing to the Unit Manager.
• Assists the Unit Manager in the implementation of new procedures.
• Assessment, care planning, evaluation of resident care.
• Teaches residents and families based on identified needs of resident.
• Provides educational support to LPN’s and CNA's.
• Assists colleagues on the assigned unit and within the facility
• Documents nursing care in the medical record (integrated progress notes, flow sheets).
• Performs other duties as required or directed.
• Geriatric nursing experience preferred.
• New York State Registered Nurse License required.