Under the direction of the Director of Therapeutic Recreation or Designee, provides professional hair care services to residents.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement
Requires thorough knowledge of a specialized or technical field.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Provides cosmetology services for the residents of Terence Cardinal Cooke
- Washes, cuts and sets hair; gives permanents and manicures to the Residents.
- Processes charge vouchers for payment.
- Maintains all Beauty Shop records.
- Requisitions supplies from the Purchasing Department.
- Maintains the cleanliness of equipment and the general condition and appearance of the Beauty Shop.
- Performs other duties as required.
Graduate of a Beauty School preferred and Long Term Care experience preferred.