The Maternal Child Community Health Nurse provides skilled nursing care to individuals and families primarily in the home setting, utilizing all elements of the nursing process and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Agency policies.
• Performs complete prenatal assessment and utilizes appropriate documentation.
• Performs complete postpartum assessment and utilizes appropriate documentation.
• Performs complete infant assessment and utilizes appropriate documentation.
• Establishes and follows plan of care which addresses maternal-child patient problems and needs.
• Provides case coordination, health teaching, supportive counseling and advocacy for the patient and family.
• Demonstrates proper use and cleaning equipment used in the care of the mother and child
• As requested by supervision, participates in and assists with staff and student orientation and development; participates in internal and external committee activities; and represents the Agency in the community.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from an approved school is preferred.
• Two years recent experience in maternal child health care in a hospital or outpatient setting.
• One year of community health experience in a Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA).
• Current New York State License as a Registered Professional Nurse