To prepare food as assigned and to re-thermalize cooked-chilled foods for residents, guests and employees
• Prepare food for the posted menu. Prepares food properly and attractively. Meets meals schedules. Prepares food using sanitary techniques. Follows standardized recipes. Prepares special diets following standardized recipes to meet the guidelines of a therapeutic menu.
• Complies with long term care regulations and written dietary procedures and policies. Assists in receiving and storing of incoming food and supplies. Reports food and equipment needs to Chef/Manager. Communicates and cooperates with staff, resident and their families.
• Prepares food in a sanitary manner. Uses proper food handling techniques. Maintains a clean working environment. Follows posted procedures for sage operation and care of equipment. Completes assigned cleaning duties.
• Complies with facility policies. Follows through on resident rights. Attends in-service and other necessary training. Works with enthusiasm and a spirit of cooperation. Works the hot food station on the tray assembly line. Other duties as assigned by Chef/Manager, Clinical Dietitian or Director of Food Service.
• Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds. Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, lift and walk most of the working day. Must be able to plan own work schedule for the day based on the menu and to meet the meal schedules. Must be able to work with and secure the cooperation of fellow dietary employees in order to implement the meal.
Must be in good physical and mental health.
• Must be able to read, write and understand English.
• Must be able to work with geriatric residents and understand their special needs.