Is responsible for quality nursing care of the residents with an assigned unit. Contributes to the management of the unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse and or Nursing Supervisor in support of medical care as directed by medical staff and pursuant to objectives and policies of the Home.
• Under the direction of a registered Nurse identifies resident’s needs and conditions and assist in developing a nursing plan of care, including rehabilitative and restorative activities and instructions in self-help.
• Sets long and short term goal
• Focuses plans on maintaining independence, socialization and self-esteem.
• Participates in resident plan of care committee meetings
• Admits and orients new residents and relatives
• Checks physician’s orders, transfer and pre-admission information
• Reviews resident’s medical history
• Verifies completion of requisition’s and arrangement for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, from departments within the institution.
• Orders prescribed medications, supplies and equipment
• Transcribes physician’s orders to the medication sheets an treatment sheet
NYS Registration as a Practical Nurse, Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-3 years of experience.