The Education Field Coordinator (EFC) is responsible for the overall coordination of nursing services provided to participants of the ArchCare Senior Life Program (PACE). The EFC is responsible for the provision of quality services according to acceptable standards of practice and continually monitors the services provided by serving as the facilitator between the Home Care Nurse and other members of the Interdisciplinary Team. The EFC is a resource person with extensive knowledge of the regulatory guidelines governing home health agencies. The EFC is the liaison between referral sources, patients, caregivers and employees.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Master’s degree preferred
· 3 +years
· Current NYS Registered Nursing License and Registration
CPR Certification Requirement: yes
Minimum Knowledge: Home Care experience -2 years
Knowledge of Uniform Assessment System – 1 year
Advanced knowledge of technical skills
Supervision of Field staff- 2 years
Language Ability: English proficiency, Bi-lingual preferred
· Must be a graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and licensed in the state of New York. The
candidate must have a minimum of 3 or more years of nursing experience.
· Medicare/Medicaid home health and management experience is preferred.
· Competency in Computer skills
· Caring for participants in the home
· Clinical skills
· Demonstration of ability to work autonomously
· Computer knowledge
· Ability to Educate staff on technical skills of nursing
· Ability to mentor staff for the purpose of improving critical thinking
· Ability to mentor staff in proper documentation to provide evidence of quality care.
· Knowledge of wound care
· Wound Care
· Ostomy Care
· Catheter Care
· IV competency
· Diabetes competency