The Unit clerk as a member of the nursing staff works under the direct supervision of the charge Nurse and performs clerical work, reception and communication duties on the nursing unit and transfer resident by elevator through out the building.
Checks the residents' charts for order and need for new sheets.
* Completes chart audits.
* Copies, prepares and information.
* Assists in admission, discharge and transfer of a resident to the hospital or to another unit.
* Receives, unpacks and stores floor supplies.
* Utilizes computer, as instructed , to update resident records.
* Performs other related duties as directed by the Charge Nurse or supervisor.
* Reception and Communications : Functions as a liaison for the Nurse in inter-departmental contacts.
* Contacts Dietary. laundry, laboratory and other departments as specified.
* Directs visitors.
* Answer the telephone and the Nurse call system lights.
* Assists in the transport of residents to other departments.
* Delivers appointments requests to appropriate departments.
* Delivers and obtains charts from medical records as needed.
* Transports residents on elevators for meals, activities , clinic visits and other functions.
* Interpersonal Relations : Cooperative with residents, visitor's, co-workers, supervisors and physicians.
* Maintains a professional attitude.
* Maintains a professional appearance.
* Organizational Responsibilities : Provides assistance with resident care where applicable.
* Promotes the organization's and departments image, philosophy and policies.
* Follows organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
* Follows assigned safety, security and fire procedures.
* Reports any accidents and dangerous situations immediately.
* Maintains confidentiality of organization and resident information.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required to pass an exam.