The Resident Care Manager provides nursing care within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act of New York State and follows the Facility Policy and Procedures. The Resident Care Manager provides additional monitoring and communication functions by utilizing technology to assist with the assessment and evaluation of the residents in their care in this post-acute environment. The technology interpreted by the Resident Care Manager includes telemetry monitoring, vital sign monitoring, non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring and as indicated, diagnostic tests such as laboratory and electrocardiogram (EKG). The Resident Care Manager must work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team members to assist residents in reaching their goals.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing,
* 1-3 years of progressive nursing experience.
* 1-3 years of progressive nursing experience, preferably in a geriatric setting.
* Current New York State Registration as a registered professional nurse
The candidate will possess all or most of the following attributes:
• Must possess a current, active license to practice as RN in the state of New York.
• BCLS and ACLS Certified.
• Experience with ICU/CCU/ED or Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital, preferred.
• Able to conduct EKGs.
• Able to perform venipuncture.
• Able to initiate Intravenous therapy.