The Certified Nursing Assistant, under the supervision and direction of a licensed nurse, provides direct and indirect care as delegated and as appropriate to the ages of residents served and areas of clinical practice. Participate in resident care service as directed by the Charge Nurse in accordance with in-service training.
* Make room rounds at beginning of shift and as assigned throughout shift.
* Provide or assistant in resident bath(partial, bed, shower, tub), mouth care hair care, shaving , back rub, dressing, undressing, etc.
* Prepare resident unit/room to receive resident admission, transfer, etc. Changes bed linen. Handles and appropriately care for residents' clothing and other personal property from admission to discharge.
* Respond promptly to residents' signal lights
* Prepare residents for meals, assist and or feed residents, providing P. O. fluids, and nourishment as directed.
* Assist with range of motion, lifting, turning, positioning, transferring and ambulating as directed, using proper body mechanics. Apply and utilize special equipment, i.e., cane, walker, pressure relieving devices, splints, mechanical lift, etc., according to instructions.
* Transport residents via stretcher, wheelchair, Geri chair or bed. Provide other transport duties required for resident care.
* Utilize appropriate precautions in providing general care to residents in isolation.
* Take residents' temperature, pulse, respiration, height and weight as directed.
* Perform routine procedures, including enemas, Assist the health care team in other technical treatments or procedures as trained.
* Report immediately to Charge Nurse regarding any change in residents' condition.
* Provide post mortem care as per established policy and procedure.
Graduate of high school program or the equivalent.
NYS Nursing Assistant Certification required plus one year experience.