• Receives and communicates appropriate information to staff and keeps Unit Manager informed of changes, needs, complaints, etc.
• Responds to emergencies involving participants.
• Supervises GCNs.
• Attends inservices and staff meetings as scheduled and assigns LPNs and CNAs as directed by the Unit Manager.
• Participates in the Quality Assurance program by conducting audits and submitting results in writing.
• Assists in the implementation of new procedures.
• Assessment, care planning, evaluation of participant care.
• Teaches participants and families based on identified needs of participant.
• Documents nursing care in the medical record .
• Performs other duties as required or directed.
• Able to triage participants in clinic effectively.
• On call responsibilities.
• Administers medications and maintains medication system including over the counter, contingency and emergency medication supply ACSC participants under clinic standards of practice and within scope of licensure.
• Completes transcription and follow-up of medical orders.
• Performs phlebotomy procedures as needed.
• Maintains cleanliness and organization in the clinic, especially in the medication area and cart.
• Participates and functions as a memeber of the interdisciplinary team and rotates as needed.
• Independently delivers nursing care and services to program members within scope of licensure and per primary care orders or nursing care plan.
• Schedules and coordinates med pass and monitors for quality review of medication errors.
• Mentors and assists in the orientation of new clinic staff hires.
• Monitors staff ratios based upon census and makes adjustments as indicated.
• In collaboration with the purchasing agent, oversees medical, pharmaceutical and oxygen supplies in the clinic. Tracks assignment of oxygen concentrators and other Durable Medical Equipment as indicated.
• Interviews and assists with the selection and orientation of new clinic staff based upon set staffing ratios.
• Assures new employees are scheduled for computer training classes and existing employees receive additional training on the Electronic Medical Records system.
• Protects privacy and maintains confidentially of sensitive employee, member, and agency information.
• Supports agency mission and values.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
1 year Experience Preferred
Requires advanced knowledge of a specialized or technical field or a thorough knowledge of the practices and techniques of a professional field.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
• 1 year of experience with a frail or elderly population preferred.
• CPR Certification required.
• New York State Registered Nurse License required.