Provide initial and ongoing participant assessment, care plan development and implementation of plan in the clinic, group home, nursing home, or home.
- Obtains a complete health history and records findings.
- Performs physical examinations, functional status evaluations, and/or mental status evaluations, orders and evaluates appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests, and records findings.
- Identifies and describes behavioral patterns of the chronically ill associated with developmental processes, lifestyle, and family relationships.
- Identifies status Changes in participants to facilitate appropriate management of problems.
B. Analysis, Decision Making
- Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings associated with aging, pathological processes, lifestyles and/or family relationships as influenced by chronic illness.
- Exercises clinical judgement in differentiating between situations confounded by acute chronic health change, which the Nurse Practitioner can mange, and those, which required consultations and/or referrals.
- Interprets screenings and selected diagnostics tests.
C. Managing, Planning, Treating, Evaluating
- Provides preventative health care, episodic care and health promotion for ArchCare Senior Life participants and arranges referrals as needed.
- Manages common self-limiting and/or episodic health problems within scope of practice and according to current practice guidelines.
- Manages stabilize chronic illnesses inc collaboration with physicians according to current practice guidelines.
- Manages stabilized chronic illnesses in collaboration with physicians according to current practice guidelines.
- In collaboration with physicians, treats acute and chronic health problems per current practice guidelines.
- Prescribes and adjusts medications within the scope of prescriptive authority and current practice guidelines.
- Recommends symptomatic treatments and non-prescription medicines.
- Assists clines and families to assure greater responsibility for their own health maintenance and illness care by providing instruction, counseling, and guidance.
- Monitors participants in the hospital, nursing home, and group home to provide continuity of care and assists in discharge planning.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the participant's plan of care and revises and appropriate.
- Ability to utilize basic computer skills.
- Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team and participants in development of comprehensive plan of care and ongoing monitoring of participant's health status.
- Maintains current, accurate documentation of health care services, and prepare reports as required.
- Participates in participant-related conference as designated.
- Protects privacy and maintains confidentiality of employee, participant and sensitive agency information.
- Serves on various committees of the organization as requested.
- Participants in clinical administrator on-call rotation.
- Supports agency mission and values.
- Performs related duties as assigned.