Our goal is to provide the best possible experience through holistic care that addresses not only the residents' physical needs, but their social, psychological, emotional and spiritual needs as well.
The Dietary Worker will perform varied duties which relate to the preparation and serving of food to residents, visitors or staff. May work any shift.
* Dishes menu items neatly.
* Assembles trays and/or sets tables accurately.
* Uses sanitary techniques in food preparation and storage.
* Follows correct dish washing procedures and leaves dish room in a clean and sanitary condition.
* Completes assigned cleaning duties.
* Follow job analysis.
* Keep rules and regulations in mind at all times.
* In the spirit of cooperation and in response to residents needs, it may be necessary to perform other related duties as requested and unrelated duties in case of an emergency.
* Follows duties outlined for the position in the Home's Fire Safety and disaster plans.
* Contact: co-workers, residents, requiring normal courtesy and patience.
* Works well -lighted areas. May be exposed to conditions of prolonged heat and high humidity. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours. Is subject to frequent interruptions. Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel; etc. under all conditions and circumstances. Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc. Communicates with the medical staff, nursing staff and department supervisors.
* Attends and participates in continuing educational programs. Is subject to falls burns from equipment, odor, etc. Throughout changes when entering refrigerator. May be exposed to heat/cold temperatures in kitchen/storage area. Maintains a liaison with department supervisor to adequately plan for dietary services/activities.
High School Diploma or equivalent
1 year experience in food services or customer service related desired.